- Summer Food 2020 June 1st - July 31st (Weekday Food)
- Grab and Go Meals : May 22- July 31 (Weekend Food)
- Summer Food Program-General Information
- Run Jump Throw - general information
The YWCA will be still providing meals for the Summer Food Program, however, the activities portion will be suspended due to COVID19 concerns.
- All food for the week will be distributed on Mondays between 10am-1pm.
- Distribution will contain breakfast and lunch for 5 days
- Food may be picked up between 10:00 am-1:00 pm.
- Families are asked to stay in their cars.
- Meals are available to all children under the age of 18.
- Van Wert: YWCA
- Willshire: Fire Dept/PhotoStar 307 State Street
- Wren:Town Hall
- Ohio City: Village Town Hall Downtown
- Convoy: Convoy U.M. Church Parking Lot
- Middle Point: Am Vets Building on Adams Street
The Summer Food Program is an extension of the USDA free and reduced lunch program. Over 8,000 meals were served during the 2018 SFP with over 300 kids signed up for the program and an average of 120 kids attending each day.
Participants ages 4-18 are eligible for a free nutritional breakfast and lunch every day and kids ages 4-15 take part in fun recreational activities such as trips to the Brumback Library and Franklin Park, swimming, arts and crafts, movies and special guests. A weekend back pack program ensures that kids have food available to them over the weekend. The Mobile Farmers Market for Families with Children provides fresh produce and popular protein items to families with children participating in the YWCA Summer Food Program.
The YWCA of the USA adopted the USA Track & Field RunJumpThrow (RJT) youth activity program as part of its national offering to the girls it serves, and the YWCA of Van Wert County is excited to bring this program to this community.
In this FREE program funded by the United Way of Van Wert County, youth experience hands-on learning program designed to get kids excited about physical activity by introducing them to basic running, jumping, and throwing skills through track and field. All youth in Van Wert County (boys and girls) are invited to participate. Check out the links below for some video of the final RJT session of 2018.