YWCA of Van Wert: This is our “Herstory”
The “W” makes the difference…
The YWCA of Van Wert County was originally chartered in 1914 and the building at 408 E. Main Street is the original structure that opened September 30, 1916. It was made possible through the philanthropy of George Marsh, founder of the YWCA, the Marsh Hotel, Marsh Foundation School and Van Wert County Hospital. The YWCA was designed as a residency for young women leaving the farm to attend school or seek employment with the main goal of providing housing and social engagement.
For over 100 years, the YWCA of Van Wert County has provided the community with programs that impact women, youth and families. Our mission and our programs have evolved with the changing needs of our community … we are proud of our past and excited for our future!