YWCA of Van Wert: This is our “Herstory”
The “W” makes all the difference…
Established in 1914, the YWCA of Van Wert County was designed as a residency for young women leaving the farm to attend school or seek employment with the main goal of providing housing and social engagement.
The building where we are currently housed at 408 E. Main Street is the original YWCA structure that opened in 1916 and was made possible through the philanthropy of George Marsh, founder of the YWCA , the Marsh Hotel, Marsh Foundation and Van Wert County Hospital.
For over 100 years, the YWCA of Van Wert County has provided the community with programs that impact women, youth and families. Our mission and our programs have evolved with the changing needs of our community … we are proud of our past and excited for our future!
Visit us on our social media sites for the latest events, news and information about the YWCA of Van Wert County.